Friday 18 November 2011

Winter Tale

Winter is here. Minus 19 today. yup, livin' the dream in paradise.

Here's a little uplifting picture that my husband took that might warm the cockles of your heart. I remember the way the sand felt on my feet, as if I walked on silk pillows warmed in the dryer or how my husband's skin smelled like musky toast. The margarita's salt-rimmed tang made my lips pucker and these colourful cabanas were a fiesta for the eyes.


Since I can't hop back on a cruiseship this weekend I will try instead to think of good things about this much-maligned season when Canadians have to remember their hardiness, or die trying.

If you're interested, join me in writing a winter tale for the CBC contest. I'm also going out for dinner and drinking red wine tonight so you could try that as well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment